January 18, 2005

My OS... on the Web!

A thought which crossed my mind (ok, I admit it was triggered off by something I read) but somewhere in the future, gone are the days of your desktop having an Operating System. How about having an OS on the web? All I do is push in an internet cable into my PC and it connects to my web-OS. Anywhere I go, I have access to my OS. I can log onto my PC from India, I can log onto my PC from Alaska. It doesnt matter if I log in on a P-4 or a P-1. My speed wont be affected since my OS runs off a server and not off my desktop. Windows, are you in trouble? Or do I see a Longhorn - Web come up few years down the line? If not... Google, are you listening?? For that matter, any other startup, are you listening? I have a brilliant idea...!!

I think its going to happen (who had thought of 1 GB e-mail space few years ago?). Its just a matter of time!

Talking about Google,
here is an excellent move by them to make comment spams redundant!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Easier said than done man! Do you know the kind of complications which would be involved in creating a system like that? If you want to run a C++ compiler from your "Web-OS" can you imagine the kind of complications involved? And mow imagine a million users doing that!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

I never said it would be simple! Neither is providing 1 GB of e-mail space simple (if you were in 1980). So maybe in 2015.... I'll comment when it happens. :-)

Nevertheless, its an idea wqorth thinking about. I can access my PC through my cell phone in that manner... from anywhere, anytime! Exciting?

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home